Welcome to TerraNova Test Prep
Guaranteed to Improve Test Scores
TerraNova Test Prep
ABOUT TERRANOVA TEST
TerraNova is a series of standardized achievement tests used in the United States designed to assess K-12 student achievement in reading, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, vocabulary, spelling, and other areas.
Note that, Terra Nova is an achievement test, not a proficiency test such as the state administers. Proficiency tests are those in which students have been taught all the content and are now being tested on whether or not they “got” it. Achievement tests include content students may not have been specifically taught, but that they could be expected to have mastered according to their cognitive ability.
TerraNova tests cover reading, math, language, science and social studies topics.
– Reading covers oral comprehension, basic understanding, text analysis and reading and writing strategies.
– Language covers sentence structure, writing strategies and editing skills.
– Math covers number relations, estimation, basic operation, measurement, geometry, statistics, probability, algebra and problem solving.
– Science covers physical, life, earth and space science, technology and history of science.
– Social studies covers geography, cultural perspectives, civics, government and economics.
The TerraNova test time limits range from 90 minutes to more than five hours.
TerraNova is administered in Fall (September) or Spring (March). It depends on the school administering the test.
The scores are returned in National Percentiles The 50th percentile means that a student is on grade level.
The following are types of scores used to report the TerraNova test results:
- Scaled score
- National Percentile Rank and Stanine
- ACSI Percentile Rank
- Normal Curve Equivalent
- Cognitive Skills Index (PTCS and InView)
- Anticipated Achievement Score (PTCS and InView)
- Objectives Performance Index
- Lexile for grades 1 – 8
You can take the TerraNova sample test at any of our centers for FREE to assess your skills.
Here’s how we help students get a better score in their tests.
OTHER TEST PREPS FROM
HIGH SCHOOL ENTRANCE TESTS
COLLEGE ENTRANCE TESTS
GIFTED AND TALENTED TESTS